I’m not much for mani/pedis. I think it’s because I have difficulty sitting still that long; by the end I’m usually thinking…”c’mon, it’s fine”, as the technician is carefully inspecting her work and putting the finishing touches on my fidgety fingers (think tapping fingers) and pigs (toes, for those of you not familiar with that lingo;-) ).
I usually only go for mani/pedis when I have something special coming up, but I wanted to celebrate spring (and hopefully break out the flip-flops!), so I went and had a pedi done this past week.
I don’t know about you, but I love reading the labels on the nail polish…particularly OPI nail polish. Their names are always sassy, spicy, and fun. One of the names really caught my eye…”Bling Dynasty”. It is one of their new spring colors and it’s sort of this light bronzey, brownish sparkly color that I was immediately attracted to (a bit subtle, but definitely a “notice me”, blingy color)…but it was the name that I fell in love with.
I admit it…I love bling, not in a Lady Gaga (her music is great btw) kinda way, but to me bling is standing out in some way from the crowd (doesn’t have to be dramatic, just something unique and different). This applies to the inner and outer self.
Glowy bracelets at a party, a shirt with some sparkles, funky shoes, a different way of thinking; just a few of the many things that come to mind when I think of bling.
It got me thinking about how as women we create or neglect our own inner “Bling Dynasty”. I know, it’s a bit scary the direction my mind can go in! Anyways, to me a Bling Dynasty is very much like creating your Recipe for Life…every one’s idea of mental “bling” is different and many times that bling can get dusty and tarnished if we’re not careful. Here are some tips to creating your Bling Dynasty…
- In the rush of all the many things you have to do, it’s easy to forget about the things you want to do. You have heard me before preach about the importance of self-care; here is another gentle nudge to remind you that you need, indeed, MUST take time for you. You can’t give what you don’t have, so taking the time to recharge is critical to building the foundation to your Bling Dynasty.
- Personal Responsibility and Accountability…you know it and I know it…excuses don’t cut it anymore. Own your stuff…it’s ok, it’s really not that bad. AND…once you take 100% responsibility, it’s an amazing and empowering feeling. A coach/mentor is a great investment in helping you get through your mental dust so that your Bling Dynasty can start to sparkle and shine.
- Acknowledge the fear and do it anyway. What is the worst thing that could possibly happen? Dr. Susan Jeffers wrote: “If you knew that you could handle anything that came your way, what would you possibly have to fear?” Survey says…All you have to do is develop more trust in your ability to handle whatever comes your way. WOW!!! That’s some powerful mental bling!
- Know who you are…down to the core. Identifying your core values and living them daily without compromise; what a cool mental bling that is!
- Be ruthless in cutting out any limiting beliefs…as soon as they enter replace them with the opposite thought. This requires discipline, commitment, and dedication; don’t give up! Those thoughts are not “blingy” at all and have no place in your Life Recipe.
OK, so there are 5 ways to start creating your Bling Dynasty; as I mentioned before, it takes discipline to have more bling in your mindset. Do you need support? I am an expert in helping women create more bling and yumminess in their lives. How can I support you?
What’s part of your mindset Bling Dynasty? What are your tips and tricks are blinging out your mindset, motivation, and be inspired? Let’s Dish;-)