Thought I would take a mini break yesterday in our 5 part series on F.O.C.U.S. to let you regroup and digest the first 3 strategies. Now we’re back at it with what I consider the most important component in the F.O.C.U.S equation and that is…..”U”!
And I mean that literally…U=YOU. You are the most important factor in F.O.C.U.S. Your ability to apply the F.O.C.U.S. strategies, your mindset, your motivation…all of these factors are critical and must be aligned for this to work.
There are way too many facets of “U” to discuss here, so here are a few tips to help you F.O.C.U.S.
- U must accept responsibility for the choices you make. You can’t complain about not being focused if you have the TV on, the door open where people can interrupt you, and all of the 1001 other things that can distract you.
- Without prioritization, U will have an incredibly difficult time F.O.C.U.S.ing.
- Develop a sense of urgency about what you’re doing…it’s important; that do it now attitude will set the tone!
- Get an accountability partner…better yet, a COACH:-) who will “hold your fire to the fire”
- Manage your interruptions..get down to doing what you’re doing and hold yourself to it (Remember the “Golden Hour” rule!)
- Get out of your own way! The dialogue that you have with yourself is crucial; work on aligning your thoughts with your actions.
OK, that is alot of information to digest and is a book unto itself. Think about how your limiting thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs are keeping “U” from F.O.C.U.S.ing and get started on changing those patterns! What can be learned and also be unlearned! Replace old habits with new ones!
Last chance! Tomorrow is our final strategy in F.O.C.U.S….if you guess the “S”, you will receive a complimentary strategy session with me!
What are some ways that you focus? Let’s talk about it!