OK my friend, how are you doing so far? Still feeling motivated and riding the New Year momentum? If that describes you…yippee!!! I’m super excited for you 🙂
For others, maybe doubts, fears, insecurities, and overwhelm are setting in. Yikes!! This is a good time to reassess your goals and see if they are really what YOU want.
If you find you are really struggling, it’s time to have a serious heart to heart with yourself…(check yo’self before you wreck yo’self sister!)
A couple of tips:
- Are your goals really yours? Not “I should do this” goals
- Are they realistic? “I want to go from $1,000/month to $20,000/month by March” NOT realistic
- Do you really, really care about the goals you’ve made? (See the first tip)
- Are they clear and action oriented? (S-specific, M-measurable, A-actionable, R-realistic, T-timely) SMART-a tried and true approach to setting goals…bottom line; it works people!
- Do you have your WHY clarified?
OK, you’ve been nodding your head vigorously (‘cuz you totally rock); now let’s talk about keeping yourself motivated. Below are some of my favorite strategies (good stuff here my friends!)
- Create your own Motivating Music list to play when you need a pick up (some of mine: Nickelback-If Today Was Your Last Day; FloRida-Club Can’t Handle Me; anything by Stevie Wonder; T.I. w/Rihanna-Live Your Life; Jesus Jones-Right Here, Right Now; New Radicals-You Get What You Give)
2. Download a few of your favorite Video Clips:
- Get up and move. Go outside and talk a walk for 15 minutes. If it’s too cold, put your dance mix on and ‘whip your hair’ for a few minutes;-). Get the blood moving to the gray matter!
- Become self aware. What is your present state? Do you feel overwhelmed? Confused? Frustrated? Out of control? Know your feelings and then you can be proactive about changing them.
- Get support. Call (or reach out through social media) to a friend, a trusted advisor, a mentor, a coach.
- Don’t call it quits if you fell off the wagon. If you think the goal is worthwhile, get back on your wagon baby.
- Aim for excellence…not perfection.
- Think big and start small. Whether you want to lose 50 lbs, make a million dollars, or pursue your passion, it all starts with small, consistent actions.
OK, so I think you have a pretty good list to start with 🙂
What are your favorite tips to stay motivated? Let’s help each other out!