Alright…onto Day 2 of the 5 day F.O.C.U.S. plan. To recap, yesterday’s tip was to: Find the Time. If you don’t schedule specific activities for specific times, you are going to have difficulty right off the bat focusing.
Today’s F.O.C.U.S Tip: (drumroll please…)
It sounds soooo darn easy, doesn’t it? When I first started my coaching business I was still teaching offline, running teenagers around, trying to learn and build a business, continue to learn in my areas of expertise….have you felt that way? Trying to learn how to manage the Overwhelm Ogre is an incredibly challenging task for most of us. One of the best ways to do it is a strategy that I will discuss in the last step of F.O.C.U.S. (the “S” step…giving out a BIG hint there!)
OK, so let’s talk about some practical tips you can use right now to get out of overwhelm and into control.
- Develop a daily action plan-this is crucial in getting out of overwhelm. In fact, I have clients write down everything they do in a week and we work backwards from there.
- Identify tasks that can be delegated…(yea I know it’s hard to give up control…you need to get over it…seriously). I spent an hour and a half with a client the other day and we finally discovered that she could give up doing her autoresponders and save herself a boatload of time and aggravation.
- Identify resources that will save you time….things like online, automatic bill pay, batching phone calls, errands, etc. Little things like that can save you an enormous amount of time and energy.
- Prioritizing your activities-what are the highest value activities (determining that can take some time, so don’t discount the importance of it).
- Cut yourself a little slack; you can’t possibly complete it all in a day, so take a step back and look at all you did accomplish for the day.
- Consider time your friend, not your enemy….spend it wisely.
These are some quick, effective tips that can help you get control of your “overwhelm”. Come check out tomorrow’s post….what you “C” is what you get!
Don’t forget if you guess the “C”, you will receive a complimentary 30 minute session with me:-)
Have some overwhelm tips of your own? I’d love to hear them; I promise not to correct your grammar or spelling;-) (little teacher humor!)
The Toolbox Teacher
Leave a Reply