We have come down to the last piece of the puzzle in our F.O.C.U.S.
series…”S”. To tell you the truth, I have a love/hate relationship
with the letter “S” (well not the particular letter…I think “S” is
quite nice..lol); HOWEVER it stands for one for the most challenging
aspects of F.O.C.U.S. and that is having a SYSTEM in place.
Now I have a love/hate relationship with systems
because while I have a deep appreciation and understanding of the need
for systems both in your professional and personal life, it’s not an
area that comes easily for me (and I suspect for a lot of you!); BUT it
is absolutely crucial in order to use your time efficiently and
So what are some things that can be systematized?
Well, it can be as simple as batching your errands on a weekly basis.
Some tips for systematizing:
- Look for patterns in your daily routine that can be grouped
together. As I mentioned, batching your errands all in one day; taking
client call for a block of time each day, or only one day of the week.
- Create checklists for tasks so you can see a beginning, middle and an end.
- Inventory what processes are in place now and where the weak points are.
- If you’re an entrepreneur, create templates (such an emails, contracts) for often used forms to streamline the process
- Delegate tasks that can be done by someone else…yes as I said before, it can be difficult~you need to get over it!
- Create task analysis procedures when work is delegated so there are clear expectations
Having systems in place is like having a well put together outfit. Everything is well coordinated, fits well, and makes you feel like a million bucks!
Was there a strategy in the series that resonated with you? A particular strategy that works for you that you’d like to share? Maybe you need a little more help in putting the pieces in place…if so, I’d love to help you! Fill out the form at the top, download my free report and you’ll be signed up for my zine. Toolbox Tips!
Leave a Reply